VISITOR UPDATE: As a result of Brexit, and rather than following EU legislation, the UK Food Standards Agency are re-regulating Novel Foods, of which edible insects are one type. Therefore, for this interim period, Grub Kitchen is currently unable to serve edible insects. Don’t worry though, Grub Kitchen has plenty of delicious, local, sustainable food on the menu and we all look forward to when they are able to serve insect-based dishes again – which will hopefully be very soon. Many apologies for any inconvenience caused.
This is a ‘Bubble’ entrance ticket that is valid for a bubble of up to 6 people.
By purchasing this ticket, you agree to us recording your contact details and to have read our ‘How to visit us‘ guidelines in advance of your visit. We politely request that all visitors adhere to our site rules, which includes that all adult visitors (and as many children as possible) wear face coverings in all indoor areas and keep 2 metres from all other groups.
How to buy your ticket and visit us:
- Select the number of adults, children, toddlers, students/seniors and season ticket holders in your bubble
- Select the date of your visit. You will then be given the option of a time slot for arrival. One family bubble time slot is available every 15 minutes
- Select your arrival time slot – please note, this time slot is just your arrival time – you are obviously able to stay for much longer than the 15 minutes! If a time slot is not showing it means that it is already booked
- If there are more than 6 people in your group, you will need to buy a second bubble ticket for the time slot before or after your allocated time slot. You are more than welcome to arrive together as one group. Please make sure that there is at least 1 adult per Bubble
- Purchase your ticket/s online (you will be taken to Paypal where you can either log in or checkout as a guest)
- Please arrive at your designated time slot and queue by the tyres outside the Ticket Office. Please wait outside for us to buzz you into the Ticket Office and please sanitise your hands and pop your face covering on before entering. We will ask for your booking name as confirmation of your booking.
All visitors are now kindly asked to book in advance in order for us to control the numbers onsite so that you can enjoy a safe and relaxing visit. However, we may also be able to take walk-ins depending on how busy we are on the day.
Season tickets, gift vouchers and golden tickets
If you are the holder of a season ticket, gift voucher or golden ticket, please book the holder of the ticket under the ‘Season ticket’ option and you will not be charged. We will ask to see your relevant ticket on arrival.
Want to eat at Grub Kitchen?
Grub Kitchen is open to Bug Farm customers as a priority on a first-come-first-served cafe basis. If there is space onsite, we may be able to take walk-ins if you just want to eat but not visit The Bug Farm too. However, we can’t take advance Grub Kitchen bookings in case there is no space onsite. Therefore, we can’t guarantee you can eat in Grub without booking to visit The Bug Farm too.
Please see our ‘How to visit us‘ guidelines for all questions about your visit.
You will notice that we are no longer open on Mondays – Mondays for us are now ‘Me-time Mondays’ here, allowing us to all have a little time for ourselves.