Universities & Colleges
We welcome many university, college and higher/further education groups to The Bug Farm, with visits tailor-made and designed to meet your timeframe, group size and interest. Sessions usually include a talk/farm walk delivered by Dr Sarah Beynon, followed by an interactive activity.
Previous talks include:
- Insect farming and edible insects (followed by an edible insect tasting session with Andy Holcroft in Grub Kitchen)
- Dung beetles and sustainable land management
- Beneficial invertebrates in arable systems
- Beneficial invertebrates in grassland systems
- Sustainable farming for the future
- Research at The Bug Farm
- Business diversification
Most groups that come to us also take advantage of what’s on offer at The Bug Farm site and manage to fit a Tropical Bug Zoo tour and Up-Close Session into their visit. Groups are also welcome to peruse the site at their leisure and Grub Kitchen can cater for lunch, tea, or even supper!
Please get in touch for more information and to plan your trip: email@example.com